Each round will be four years, with each day representing one year. I will only acknowledge birthdays that transition the sim to the next age stage. Although I do have seasons set for four days also, we will just ignore them as we will be finding ourselves having one hell of a snowstorm in July this way.
- Baby: Age 0. 1 day. I manually age up babies exactly 24 hours after birth.
- Toddler: Ages 1-4. 4 days.
- Child: Ages 5-11. 7 days.
- Teen: Ages 12-17. 6 days.
- YA: Ages 18-21 (only if university is unlocked).
- Adult: Ages 18-61. 44 days.
- Elder: Age 62-92. 10-30 days.
Birth Control and Ideal Family Size: I love the idea of population control and I love the ones that I have found at Wellington, Sullivan and Lakeside Heights.
- Neatness (5 or more neat points) adds one point.
- Sloppiness takes away one point from the score.
- Outgoingness (5 or more outgoing points) adds one point.
- Shyness takes away one point.
- Activeness (5 or more active points) adds one point.
- Laziness takes away one point.
- Playfulness (5 or more playful points) takes away one point.
- Seriousness adds one point.
Example: Scott Hopson.
Neatness: 4 (-1)
Outgoing: 10 (+1)
Active: 4 (-1)
Serious: 4 (-1)
Score: -2, no birth control.
Neat: 9 (+1)
Outgoing: 2 (-1)
Active: 6 (+1)
Serious: 3 (-1)
Score: 0. Yes, to birth control
Score of 0 or more = sim is allowed to use birth control
Score of less than 0 = sim is not allowed to use birth control
Ideal Family Size:
- Aspiration ACR Rank (AAR):
- Family = 1
- Knowledge = 2
- Fortune = 3
- Popularity = 4
- Pleasure = 5
- Romance = 6
- Personality Dependent Score (PDS):
- Outgoing + ( 0.5 x Nice )
- Ideal Family Size Formula:
- PDS / AAR = Ideal Family Size
Example: Ellen Hopson.
PDS: (Outgoing) 9 + (o.5 x 5 (nice))= 11.5
PDS/AAR = 11.5 / 4 (popularity) = 2.8 children, (rounded up) 3 kids.